Sunday, March 23, 2014

Delirium

So I was listening to Get Lucky... Not the Pharrell version- the Daughter one. I like both. One is like a lemon drop.. Sheer happiness. The other, well, it's numbness, I guess. The word that struck me was delirious. 

Delirium.. Who was once Delight. 

I always thought, while reading Sandman, that Death was my favorite... I loved her spunk, the ever ironic zest for life. I couldn't, and didn't associate with the other endless, except maybe Morpheus. But of late, it's little Delirium that I'm going back to. The weird one. Disjointed. I get that somehow, now. I get the nothingness. The fish. The colors. And underneath all that- the despair. Or maybe, the denial.


I actually absentmindedly paraphrased it the other day while talking to someone. In Betweens. Because, somehow, the destinations lack the lusture that the journey seems to build up, making the journey the scrumptious bit, minus the expectations, minus the delusions of grandeur. The anticipation is sometimes better than the reward. Scratch that. All the time. Maybe most of the time. Maybe I should just shut up now. 


Yes. I do need a word that means red and green at the same time. I so do.

Breaks my heart. Every. Damn. Time. *sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment