Monday, January 7, 2013

Warm Bodies

“I would like to end it here. How nice if I could edit my own life. If I could halt in the middle of a sentence and put it all to rest in a drawer somewhere, consummate my amnesia and forget all the things that have happened, are happening, and are about to happen. Shut my eyes and go to sleep happy.”

I remember this one day a few months back. I was at my home in Bangalore, alone, in my balcony. I had just finished talking to my folks. It was dusk and raining lightly. I remember breathing in that beautiful rainy scent, feeling the light breeze on my face and sighing. And as I sat on the parapet, I remember thinking- This. This is how my life should be. Perfect. Happy. Content. And if I could pause my life here, at this point. I'd be done.

“You should always be taking pictures, if not with a camera then with your mind. Memories you capture on purpose are always more vivid than the ones you pick up by accident.”

And somehow, memory of that night is still fresh in my mind. Because I decided. I decided that night, that tomorrow, come what may, I'll remember this. This perfect moment. And smile. That decision has kept me in good stead thus far.

Isn't it amazing when an author takes your thoughts and describes it perfectly on the page in front of you?

I never thought I would be waxing eloquent about a book on a 'Zombie' romance. I mean, I can quote 1984, or Metamorphosis or Murakami, even Lord of the Rings, (and I admit, at times, Harry Potter), but really, a zombie romance? I thought all they did was grunt and groan 'Brrrrrrraaaaaaiiiiiinsss' (Atleast that's what Plant Vs Zombies would have me believe) and did I not spend hours- yes, hours- mercilessly (ok- not mercilessly) killing zombies in that very game? (Just so that I could take the screenshot of the last winning screen and send the same to Suds to showcase my ultimate zombie killing prowess). In fact, to be honest, I'm not even done reading that book- Yup- I'm like, half way through. But its got me thinking. Thinking, pausing, pondering, & going back...

Maybe I'll write more when I'm done...



1 comment:

  1. Hello! as far as i remember... i still haven't got that screenshot of the score. therefore proving that it was all a big lie.

    liar liar pants on fire
    pants on fire birds on wire
    birds on wire pooping on sire
    sire goes haywire and unleashes shellfire
    shellfire causes bushfire people think bonfire
    (and something like that)

    ReplyDelete