Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Sun

She trudged along the stark expanse. Alone.

The darkness engulfed her every step, falling about her, in a dense cover. She gasped, unable to breathe, her throat as parched as the earth around her.

No echo to her footsteps. The cracked barren ground offers no respite. Her lips are matted with dust, her hair flying about her. She stumbles and falls and lies there helpless.

There it is then- that little hand- coaxing her on or is that her mind playing tricks?

And then she hears the giggles. She looks up in surprise and sees the cherub as the first light of dawn strikes the sky. The light surrounds the babe, his golden hair lit up like a halo. Smile, he says, and come see my world. Grasping her hand, he pulls her up. Her thirst forgotten, her tiredness vanishes as she follows this little God. He is pointing out everything all at once, his enthusiasm infectious. "Look- an anthill!", he says one minute- "Ah! The flowers", he says the next. And the barren land is transformed to lush greenery. Hues of amber dot the green as the sun rises higher into the sky. He is laughing and smiling all at once and she finds herself revived and rejuvenated, caught in this new found wave of euphoria.

She picks him up and twirls him around, laughing along with him. Then holds him up, looks him in the eye and asks him- "And WHO are you?" He gurgles but does not answer. He hugs her, tight- as if, he'd never let go. And she hugs hims back, her eyes closed- wishing not to ever let go. And they become one.

She opens her eyes to the first ray of sunlight. She gulps. Her throat is still parched but she smiles. She looks at the sun and smiles.

She'll live, she knows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an Aquarian. Hence, as per Tarot lore, my card is The Star. And while The Star resonates positivity, my personal favorite is The Sun. It makes me smile, laugh, forget my sorrows and fills me with something we all need- Hope.

I see The Sun and I know that things will be all right and that my God will have me smiling at the end of it all.

2 comments:

  1. you're the first tarot card fan i know of ...
    is it any good ? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends...There is no mystery- its your subconscious. Have you read Blink? I personally feel its the same philosophy. Also it depends of your interpretation of each card- so I guess if you are an optimistic person, you'll see good even in the worst card. :)

    ReplyDelete