Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Delayed Flight

I sigh as I look around. I sigh again. Sighs seem inevitable in a situation like this. 

The fish in the aquarium look at me dolefully, their lips moving as if to talk.  I look back at the fish equally dolefully. We seem to have the endless wait in common. I look around. 

Another sigh. 

The voices seem to have subsided to a steady murmur. Bags lying helter skelter, coffee a baleful option. Dull, gray metal encounters my gaze, inducing a chill in this warm weather.  

The frog stares back at me from the cover of my book. "Read me," he says, "let me entertain you with the stories of my well." "But do u know of the worlds outside? The skies that seem so clear?", I ask. 

"No air traffic in the well though," he smirks back at me. 

I sigh again.    


No comments:

Post a Comment